A global international event on gender, work and employment, gathering experts and successful practitioners
11 - 22 November 2013 - Turin, Italy
For the last twelve years, the International Training Centre of the ILO has been offering successful high level training activities aimed at increasing awareness of gender equality principles and at providing practical tools for their implementation. It has thus become a unique hub offering opportunities of gaining knowledge and sharing best practices in the field of gender mainstreaming. The first (2011) Gender Academy was a consolidation of this experience.
The 2013 edition will be offered in partnership with the UN Women Training Centre.
To watch the video reportage of the 2011 edition, use the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3N5cIT9G8
Check the Facebook page of the event at the following page:
The 2013 edition of the Gender Academy is addressed to development professionals from all over the world with a view to offering an exclusive forum for discussion and a platform for new experiences. It is recommended for specialists and practitioners who already have familiarity with gender concepts. The format of the Academy makes it a special occasion for updating and upgrading professional knowledge through exposure to high-level international expertise.
International experts, academicians and practitioners will present and discuss key themes in a series of master classes with simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish. In addition, a range of elective workshops will offer additional insight into specific subjects, develop skills and provide room for application and knowledge-sharing.
We are proposing this year an enticing formula, with two specific segments (one week each) to build up a unique continuum.
The first week will focus on development aspects of gender mainstreaming, while the second week will explore themes related to equal opportunities in work-related contexts. Click on the tag "Programme of the Academy" to know more about the specific contents as they develop.
This edition of the Gender Academy is proposed in English, French and Spanish. Simultaneous interpretation will allow for an intense sharing of experiences and information among participants from different geographical realities. Once again, the focus of the Academy will be on "how to", critically reviewing available tools and practical methods.
- be exposed to advanced international knowledge and best practices in areas related to the promotion of gender equality at work
- acquire tools and practical methods, successfully designed and tested in other national or regional contexts, and adaptable to your own environment
- share experiences and information with individuals and/or organizations with shared interests in mainstreaming gender equality and identify appropriate strategies for collaboration
- use research, networking, knowledge sharing to assemble appropriate resources on mainstreaming gender equality.
Who should attend
The Academy is designed for development professionals including: government officials, representatives of employers and workers' organisations, international organizations, such as the agencies of the UN system and the international financial institutions, the private sector, academia and civil society organizations.
The Gender Academy lasts two weeks and consists of a combination of :
- master classes and round tables (in plenary session, with simultaneous interpretation) from leading international experts in the field
- elective workshops (in one or two languages) to be chosen in a wide range of topics, according to participants' needs and preferences. Participants will have a choice of one workshop in the morning and one in the afternoon
- structured knowledge-sharing opportunities, based on the open space methodology
- study visits and events related to the topics of the Academy.
This edition of the Gender Academy is offered in English, French and Spanish. Simultaneous interpretation will allow for an intense sharing of experiences and information among participants from different geographical realities.
How to apply
To enrol in the Academy, please register on-line at the address: http://app-gender.itcilo.org clicking on "apply now" and selecting the title of the activity (A906059 Gender Academy).
Visit our website: http://gender.itcilo.org for keeping updated with work in progress. You can write to us directly, to have more information, by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final deadline for registration 27 September 2013
Fees: 3,250 Euro, including training and subsistency fees
Limited number of fellowships - covering tuition fees - available.